Help Supply our EARTH DAY
Huntington Community Gardens is getting geared up to jump into our second year of planting, community revitalization and youth education in Huntington.
Our first big event will be Earth Day, April 21st.. From 9am-2pm, join us at the Big Sandy Superstore Conference Center for adult and children's workshops. From 4pm-7pm, meet us back at the Barnett Center, 1524 10th Avenue, for fun outdoor activities for all ages, as the Barnett Center is the site of our first garden and so many wonderful memories. However, in case of inclement weather, we will move the evening outdoor session to the Big Sand Superstore Conference Center.
In preparation for this upcoming celebration and planting season we are hoping to once again rally support from the community. Although we have been successful in securing some financial support to help fund our gardening efforts, our continuing needs are great.
For Earth Day, we need:
- Face Painting supplies for 200 children
- Soil and seeds to create 200 recycled paper pots with children
- Seed packets to pass out to up to an estimated 800 visitors
- Reusable shopping bags to give to visitors
- Plants and seeds to offer for a plant/seeds trade table
- Prizes of any size or amount to give for our raffle and other games for families
- Plants and soil to refill our raised beds and planters to get ready for Earth Day
- Fresh produce to give out to the community
- Marketing and publicity materials (flyers, banners, lawn signs)
- Sponsorship of the Pottery Place tile project at $550 for 150 tiles and supplies
We estimate that our monetary needs are $1,500.00.
HCG would appreciate any monetary or product contribution you may be able to make. We are a facet of the Huntington Area Revitalization Coalition, Inc. and all donations are tax deductible. Please make checks out to HARC.
In these economically trying times, we realize that money and donations are more difficult to give. For a sustainable community project such as ours, the most important resource that we need is you.
We are always in need of individuals, organizations, businesses and families who are able to donate their time, skills, and compassion in an effort to make Huntington more safe, beautiful, and healthy. For opportunities to volunteer in the revitalization projects of HARC and the Huntington Community Gardens, please call Jenn Williams at 304-840-2500 or email email@example.com.